The AMICO Medical Gas Alarm System (ALERT-2) incorporates the latest microprocessor technology for alarm and surveillance systems. The alarm has been designed to provide user flexibility and reliability. This manual will enable the customer to install, use and maintain the alarm properly. All Gases or Vacuum are displayed with large Red LED’s for clear visibility.
To facilitate the monitoring function by hospital personnel, a trend bar is provided to show the direction of the gas/vacuum pressure. Under normal operation, the gas trend indicator will be in the GREEN – OK position. If the gas pressure approaches alarm condition, the trend indicator will display a YELLOW – Caution indicator. If an alarm condition occurs, a RED-Alarm indicator will be displayed and the buzzer will sound. There are two buttons located on the front face of the Annunciator module.
They are the “TEST” and “ALARM MUTE” buttons. The function of the “Test” button is to verify that the buzzer and all the alarm LED’s are in normal working condition. The function of the “Alarm Mute” button is to silence an alarm that has occurred. A master status module monitors source equipment such as: Oxygen, Nitrous Oxide, Air compressors, Vacuum pumps, Air dryers, high/low pressure switches, etc.
This module can be connected to a “Building Management System”, with a piggy-back computer interface board, that attaches to the master module. The Alert-2 microprocessor based digital alarm system complies with NFPA 99 and UL Listed to U.S. and Canadian safety standards.
• Individual Microprocessor on each display, sensor and master module.
• Gas specific sensors can be mounted locally or remote, up to 2,500 feet, [750 m] utilizing a #22 gauge stranded, shielded twisted pair cable ONLY must be used.
• DISS gas specific sensor housed in a solid tamper proof enclosure. The Sensor Module is housed in an anodized aluminum and nickel-plated brass enclosure to act as a barrier against any interference.
• The Sensor Module is the smallest computer-calibrated temperature-compensated sensor in the industry.
• True digital LED display and trend indicator for each service monitored.
• Illuminated LED display that is visible at an angle and in dim lighting conditions.
• PSI, kPa or BAR display (switch selected).
• Self diagnostic circuitry with error display for problem identification.
• Highly accurate Solid State Pressure piezo-resistive transducer.
• Adjustable repeat alarm (1 to 60 minutes/or off) for the Compact Alarm.
• Adjustable repeat alarm (1, 12, 24 hours/or off) for the Master Alarm.
• Dry contacts for remote monitoring of High and Low alarm status on the Compact Alarm display module.
• Modules are factory mounted on a hinged frame assembly for ease of installation and maintenance.
• Field programmable push buttons for adjustment of HI and LOW set-points on display module.
• Compact Alarms available from 1 to 12 display modules.
• Master Alarms available in 10 to 60 points.
• Compact Modules can be intermixed with Master Modules to create a combination alarm.
• Built-in relay for remote annunciator applications.
• Compact Module indication for calibration (flashing bar graph).
If an item appears on backorder, place your order and we’ll notify you in a timely manner when to expect delivery. And we’ll ship your item directly from the manufacturer.
Working closely with customers for over 40 years, Broward A&C has always risen to meet the needs of our customers. Our knowledge of all products enables us to provide outstanding customer service, always.